Martha's World

Martha's World
Alberta is the setting for Martha's Vine

Monday, February 7, 2011

How can a fictional character take such a hold on one's heart?

I just read Chapter 35 out loud to David. We both sat here blubbering like a couple of babies. The story and the characters surprised me with a wild turn...and sacrificed one of my most beloved characters. How can a person that is real only in my imagination, command such grief?

One more chapter to go...the epilogue, and the prologue...and the first draft of my second novel is complete. I can barely wrap my mind around that...my "second" novel. Who'd a thought it? I certainly didn't. But it's real...and I think you, my dear reader, are going to love this sequel.

Now, I must gear up for another book signing and the "Coming Out" party. I might even give a tiny hint as to how the book progresses. And then again, I might not.

I feel a little drained now...and I have a chapter to write tomorrow. It'll be hard to do, because everything inside me does not want me to finish the story...because it'll mean I must leave Martha's world. I am not sure my heart can handle that.

~~Sheree~~

I wanted a lonely picture to go with this entry...this is near "Old Faithful" in Yellowstone National Park.

7 comments:

  1. that is severely sad. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did NOT blubber. I have allergies.

    Bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a tease and a funny fella...... thanks :) I can't wait for MV2

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could see it coming, but I never expected it to happen that way. OMG, Sheree. Great photo from Yellowstone. It perfectly captures the mood of 35.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geeze, nothin' like having me reach for the tissue when MV2 is not even in my hand/heart yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm... Buy two copies of Book 2 and get a box of Royale facial tissue; the box with the crystal butterfly photo?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that reaction you get from reading your stuff. It's goddamned INSPIRING!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Marthas Vine. Please post your comments here. You do not have to be a registered user. Thank you for your visit.